Hey everyone, another recipe that needs no cooking,this looks pretty served in glass bowls with one or two ice cubes dropped in the bottom of each. Serve it with crisp biscuit(OPTIONAL)
- 4 cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 small or 1/2 large clove garlic (optional)
- 1 cup of plain yogurt,low fat if desired
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice,you can add more to taste
- 1/4 cup of water
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup of fresh mint leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1.Cut one of the cucumbers into small dice, and set aside for garnish. Cut the others into large chunks. Combine cucumber chunks, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and water in a blender and puree until smooth.
2.Add scallions and mint leaves, reserving some of the mint for garnish, and puree briefly. Season with salt and pepper, and add more lemon juice if a tarter flavor is desired.
3.Chill until ready to serve. Stir well before serving, and ladle into bowls or mugs, garnishing each serving with a big spoonful of diced cucumber and a sprig of mint.
BENEFITS OF CUCUMBER AND MINT